June 4th to 8th, 2018
Synergy Environmental, Inc.
April 19, 2018
Waterloo Hydrogeologic will hold its Mid-Atlantic training for Visual MODLFOW Flex at Synergy’s Royersford, PA Headquarters for the second straight year.
As known by many in the water resources industry, Waterloo Hydrogeologic is a Ontario, Canada based company that specializes in groundwater modeling software, training, and consulting services. The selection of Synergy Environmental as a training center highlight’s Synergy’s expertise in groundwater contaminant fate and transport modeling expertise.
During the 2017 training seminar groundwater modeling experts from all across the United States as well as Canada and New Zealand met in Royersford PA to review the proper usage of Visual MODLFOW Flex. Scientists representing private industry, governmental agencies, NASA and environmental consultants attended the training seminar.
Visual MODFLOW Flex is more than just a graphical user interface for MODFLOW groundwater simulations. Visual MODFLOW Flex brings together industry-standard codes for groundwater flow and contaminant transport, essential analysis and calibration tools, and 3-D visualization capabilities in a single, easy-to-use software environment. With Visual MODFLOW Flex, groundwater modelers have all the tools required for addressing local to regional-scale water quality, groundwater supply, and source water protection issues.
Visual MODFLOW Flex can be used for an array of groundwater applications.
- Delineate well capture zones for domestic water supply development
- Design and optimize pumping well locations for mine dewatering projects
- Determine contaminant fate and exposure pathways for risk assessment
- Simulate surface water-groundwater interactions
- Watershed scale/regional groundwater modeling
- Evaluate groundwater remediation systems (pump and treat, funnel and gate etc)
- Aquifer storage and recovery (ASR)
- Evaluate saltwater intrusion
Brian Loughnane is a Hydrogeologist & the Director of Geosciences at Synergy Environmental. Brian works out of the Royersford, PA Office